Thứ Ba, 24 tháng 11, 2009

"A Town Full of Thieves"

That's Scotty talking to the press again:
I had a couple of brief exchanges with Scott Rothstein today. Most of it I'll have to bleep out.

Suffice to say Rothstein had some ideas on what we could do in our spare time, rather than trying to interview his family members.

He was objecting to questions about his wife, Kimberly Ann Wendell Rothstein. She's been silent throughout this ordeal. Her bodyguard, Joe "Meatballs'' Alu (I got the nickname from his voice message), said she's a very private person, and doesn't want to talk. She is reportedly still living in the house on Isla Bahia, but federal authorities took the yacht, most of the cars, and even her jewelry, in the wake of accusations her husband was running a Ponzi scheme.

This part is intriguing:
“You’re in a town full of thieves, and at the end of the day, everyone will see. I’ll leave it at that.’’
Meanwhile, lobbyist-turned-Senator LeMieux just doesn't understand how Scotty made all that money he kept donating to the GOP:
"I’ve talked to him and know him," LeMieux, who ran a competing law firm, said last week. "I never understood how he was so successful, but I wasn’t the kind of person to try to pull down others. I just hope for the best and was always optimistic about him as I am about everybody and thought there must be some other way he is making his money."
I agree with the Senator -- case closed!

Kinda weird how Scotty got invited to the Senator's swearing-in ceremony. Some people are lucky I guess.

You want to see where some of the money went, take a look at Kim's $100k in political donations for 2008 (made under her maiden name) -- McCain/Palin, Senator Martinez, Rudy Giuliani....hey, what's Bill Richardson doing in there?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến