Thứ Hai, 9 tháng 11, 2009

This is Good Publicity??


So Marc Nurik agrees to a Herald interview of his client Scott Rothstein.

Scott says "I am sitting here smoking cigars with Marc.'' Rothstein says he's "doing pretty good."

Although Rothstein is allegedly cooperating with authorities, Marc denies over Rothstein's background laughter that Scott is talking to them:
Rothstein said Sunday he could not disclose his whereabouts because otherwise ``Marc will break my head.'' Rothstein then handed the telephone to his lawyer, Nurik, who said that, in fact, they had not been smoking cigars.

``He is under a lot of pressure,'' said Nurik, who had worked at Rothstein's law firm but stepped down to represent him. ``I don't want anybody to think he is having a good time.''

During the brief interview with Nurik, Rothstein could be heard heartily laughing in the background.

Nurik would not disclose Rothstein's whereabouts -- a Florida location that Nurik said he -- not federal authorities -- chose.

``I have him hidden,'' Nurik said. ``I'm not going to tell anybody where, including the government. I don't know where people are coming up with this stuff. I have been discussing his case with the government as any defense counsel would under these circumstances.

``I have been in contact with the government,'' Nurik said. ``My client is at an undisclosed location of my choosing and he is talking to no one but me. He hasn't even met with his family.''

Nurik declined to discuss the case, but added that Rothstein wanted to say goodbye.

``I'm doing really good,'' Rothstein said. ``Marc is a great lawyer, a great friend. We will speak when the time is right.''

Who thinks this interview helps?

Good thing Rothstein's Rabbi says everything is going to be ok.

But who is Scott's real Rabbi?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến