Thứ Tư, 10 tháng 3, 2010

Lawyers Who Exercise.


We've come again to the topic of lawyers who discuss their exercise regimen in the newspaper.

Let me be clear -- what Bill Strop has undertaken is very admirable:
In June, Bill Strop was 40 pounds heavier, working long hours and celebrating his 41st birthday. Strop started to feel overwhelmed and unfocused. He worried that if he didn't balance work and family with exercise, he would develop health problems.

Strop joined a gym, set his alarm clock for 6 a.m. and began using a rowing machine for 45 minutes every morning. ``I'll walk into the gym with 15,000 things I'm worrying about and by the time I'm done, I have clarity.''

Strop, a lawyer with Becker & Poliakoff in Fort Lauderdale, specializing in construction defect litigation, says one obstacle for busy men is the hassle factor. It's much easier to believe you don't have time to exercise and instead sleep later or sink into the couch and watch television at night.

He has discovered that getting to the gym has to be convenient, located near the office and free and clear of parking impediments. ``Some mornings, I just don't enjoy going, but the good feeling overall outweighs the hassle and it does get easier over time.''

Ok, 45 minutes on the rowing machine is pretty good, but come on dude, step it up -- Greg Ward is an actual fitness instructor!

In fact, I would bet Greg has some fine ideas on how to complement Bill's morning row with strength-building and cardio movements (needless to say, I have my own ideas about proper exercise).

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến