Thứ Tư, 4 tháng 3, 2009

3d DCA Watch -- Snow White and the Cooksferry Queen Edition



It's a secret, but no secret
It's a rule, but no rule
Where you find the darkest avenue
There you'll find the brightest jewel

Now my name, it is Mulvaney
And I'm known quite famously
People speak my name in whispers
What higher praise can there be?

But I'd trade my fine mohair
For tie dyes and faded jeans
If she wanted me some other way
She's my Cooksferry queen

She gave me one pill to get big
She gave me one pill to get small
I saw snakes dancing all around her feet
And dead men comin' through the walls

Well I'm the prince of this parish
I've been ruthless and I've been mean
But she blew my mind and she opened my eyes
She's my Cooksferry queen
Is there a better artist less appreciated by American audiences than the great Richard Thompson? Holy hail does this guy rock. For that matter so does his son, Teddy Thompson.

Oh yeah -- it's Wednesday, and this is (nominally) a South Florida legal blog.

Well it's slim pickings for us hard-core 3d DCA junkies, you know, the kind who wait with baited breath for the coffee-swillers to emit their resplendently robed utterances from the ornately sealed concrete bunker that is their judicial home.

Still, there is always something for us to obsess upon, isn't there?

Alvarado v. Snow White:

Yes, dear readers, the time has finally come for the 3d DCA to issue an opinion regarding Snow White. And Judge Gordon.

Note to Judge Gordon -- a few years ago the Florida Supremes wrote this case called Kozel, which sets forth the standards you need to follow before dismissing a case with prejudice for failing to comply with discovery orders. Check it out. There are six factors and you have to make findings and everything.

Hey, what do you know -- apparently you have to do this even if the party moving for dismissal is in fact Snow White. Or the Cooksferry Queen.

That's all kids -- I'm putting my headphones back on.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến