Thứ Ba, 6 tháng 1, 2009

Legal Recruiter Jorge Luna Writes Article Praising Jorge Luna


Hi kids! It's only the first Tuesday of the New Year and I already got one really bad order from a federal judge.

Oh well, the week's not over yet. Of course now we all have those meetings, depositions, lunch appointments, hearings etc. that we put off to the New Year coming in all at once.

Personally, I can't wait to hear what exciting developments Barry Mukamal has to share with me in the New Year (just teasing, Barry -- I'm actually looking forward to it!).

Let me ask you -- does anyone know a Miami legal recruiter named Jorge Luna? Of course I know and am very fond of those who comprise what I call "The Troika" -- Herb, Joe, and Abbe. But Jorge Luna is a new one on me.

Anyways, Jorge managed to pen an ode that appears to exclusively concern the formidable recruiting talents of....Jorge Luna:

I am working with a Harvard grad currently practicing at a prominent boutique firm in Pennsylvania. Harvard grads should have no problem getting a job, but if asked, I guarantee that she would tell you how important I have been to the process.

I found her a firm that she is excited to join, in the state (Florida) to which she is dying to return; I gave her vital information to prepare for the interview, which was a resounding success; and, spent time working with the hiring manager to come up with an offer, in terms of salary, that she can live with (or possibly be ecstatic about). In short, I have managed most every aspect of the process in a manner that allows her to do her job – be a lawyer. In turn, she has allowed me to do my job – be a recruiter – and it has made all the difference, as I have received tentative notice of an offer that I know she will be accept.

Of course, for every story such as those, attorneys or law firms will point to ten others that give recruiters a bad name.

I recall the candidate who wanted to meet me for lunch before giving me his resume. The last recruiter sent his resume all over town without permission and that fact, of course, got back to his boss. He was open to hearing about opportunities, but he wasn’t ready to burn his bridges yet again, and wanted to look me in the eye before deciding to trust me.

At least three of Florida’s top firms have recently called to let us know that, although hiring is slow at the moment, they are working almost exclusively with us. These firms have received from other recruiters enough bad resumes (clearly unqualified attorneys, attorneys in practice areas the firm don’t even have, etc.) to wallpaper the offices, and some firms have simply gotten into the habit of hitting delete when they see a particular email address. They know, however that when we send a resume, if nothing else, the person is worth considering.

Hmm, if it's "almost exclusive," doesn't that make it not exclusive? Note also that all his negative recruiter stories somehow rebound to his personal benefit.

I tell you what, if Jorge managed to get the Tampa Bay Examiner to print this column, then maybe he is as good a recruiter as he says he is.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến