Thứ Ba, 6 tháng 1, 2009

Hooray -- Former Bush Aide Now Gets to Nominate Dade Judges!



Hmm, I was reading this article from the DBR on the new 11th Circuit JNC members when something didn't seem quite right:
Three new Miami-Dade judicial nominating commission members have been appointed by Gov. Charlie Crist.

Rayfield McGhee of McGhee & Associates in Miami Gardens, GrayRobinson shareholder and Cuban American Bar Association president Marlene Quintana of Miami and Akerman Senterfitt associate Daniel Schwartz of Miami Beach were named to terms expiring in mid-2012.
Now the first two strike me as reasonable choices. But who is Daniel Schwartz? I have never heard of this Akerman associate. He's a 2004 grad and works in corporate, not litigation.

Ok, he must be some go-getter or really have some special credentials in order to be one of the chosen to nominate our trial judges to Governor Crist.

But then I saw this on his Akerman bio:
Prior Professional Experience
Executive Office of the President, The White House, Research Assistant to the Special Assistant to the President for Presidential Personnel, 2005-2006.
I am about to get all Carverriffic over this one.

....deep breath....deep breath..."Hello? I forgot my mantra!".....ok, I feel better now. Let's give Dan the benefit of the doubt and hope he's capable and willing to act independently and in the best interests of all of us.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến