Thứ Năm, 8 tháng 1, 2009

Judge Seitz Props Up Dying South Florida Empire For One More Day.



Now I wish I could give Brother Bill his great thrill
I would set him in chains at the top of the hill
Then send out for some pillars and Cecil B. DeMille
He could die happily ever after
I love Judge Seitz. It's not just that deep, sonorous late-night FM-radio voice that resonates when she's speaking through the Court's sound system, it's the stuff she says and does too!

Here she is very carefully -- and very slowly -- enunciating in her best, sober, and most serious fashion, the reasoning for her sentence of the de Céspedes brothers:
Seitz said she had to be stern because she did not want Miami to crumble, as happened to the Roman Empire, because of a lack of ``civic virtue.''
Now that is good stuff. Probably too late to save any of us, unfortunately, but still good stuff.

Of course, when I hear Roman Empire I think of that time I went to a midnite showing of Caligula down in the Grove, but that's probably another story for another time.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến