Thứ Sáu, 5 tháng 12, 2008

SFL Friday -- From Fiefs to Surfs


Well it's the end of the work week (for those of you who still have jobs, that is), and yet all is not bleak. Sales of booze are up, for example.

And there's this good news -- White & Case to reorganize their firm:

At the heart of the new structure is a power shift from the firm's 35 offices to 14 regional groups, reports the Am Law Daily.

The reorganization comes on the heels of a four-month review of firm operations by consultants McKinsey & Co.

"The day of the brick-and-mortar approach to building a global law firm is over," firm chairman Hugh Verrier told the Am Law Daily.

The blog reports that White & Case's far-flung offices have essentially operated as "individual fiefdoms" and change was necessary to manage the 2,500 lawyers spread across the globe.

Hmm. Let me try to remember my economic history. If the W&C offices were all "fiefdoms," then what would you call the lawyers working there?

Speaking of which, it's been a long week and I don't know about you but I am itching to hit the surf. My now-beardless face misses the open water, the cool breeze against my back, the taste of the ocean spray (and no, I don't mean what happened at the Most Effective Lawyers luncheon -- it's a long story but suffice it to say I'm not letting them sit me directly in front of Randy Kroner next year).

To all you Carvermaniacs and everybody else at sea, have a great weekend.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến