Thứ Ba, 1 tháng 6, 2010

"Pop Quiz, Hot Shot!"


I don't know about you, but I often begin my oral arguments with those immortal words from Speed.

It kinda throws the judge for a loop and signals to opposing counsel that you're ready to blow something up -- in other words, a nice icebreaker.

So how was your weekend? (Did you see this story about the recent trend to begin sentences with so?)

I know I know, Dennis Hopper RIP.

Sure he had a late, memorable run as a baddie (Blue Velvet, Speed, Waterworld), but I'll remember him for distinctive parts in films like Apocalypse Now, Hoosiers, True Romance and of course directing the lovely Jennifer Connelly in The Hot Spot.

I see my friend and sometime Miami lawyer Marc Randazza gets quoted in today's NYT on the proliferation of online SLAPP suits:

In the past, Mr. Randazza said, if you criticized a business while standing around in a bar, it went “no further than the sound of your voice.”

Now, however, “there’s a potentially permanent record of it as soon as you hit ‘publish’ on the computer,” he said. “It goes global within minutes.”

Indeed.

Remember that the next time you want to fragg someone anonymously, here or anywhere else.

What a surprise -- Toyota doesn't want to turn over documents, I don't quite understand this story about Bob Josefberg's daughter, and to quote Supertramp, it's raining again.

Stay dry, folks!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến