Thứ Năm, 25 tháng 6, 2009

Song For The Courthouse Nightbox



I received a rather abrupt "Dear SFL" letter from one of my nearest and dearest true loves, the courthouse nightbox:
Severe cuts recently made to the Clerk's Budgets by the Florida Legislature have required significant reductions in personnel.

As a result, effective July 6th, the Clerk's office will no longer be providing additional hours for filing pleadings. Pleadings must be filed, no later than 4 p.m.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Well, I'm stunned. I mean, I knew we were having some problems, a little tiff now and then when I was trying to get something to the 3d and she was feeling...I don't know....cranky, I mean it's ok you don't always have to be in the mood, we can have different feelings at different times...but this?

So sudden, so curt.

There are so many things I wanted to say...... (sung to the tune of ELO's Telephone Line):
Hello. How are you?
Have you been alright, through all those lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely nights
That's what I'd say. I'd tell you everything
If you'd let me file one more thing yeah yeah yeah

Hey. How you feelin?
Are you still the same?
Don't you realize the things we did, we did, were all for real, not a dream?
I just can't believe
They've all faded out of view yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang

I look up at the clock, the time you need ain't gonna see you through
And I wonder why the edits and spellcheck are taking way too long

Oh oh Courthouse Nightbox, give me some time, I just need 20 minutes more
Oh oh Courthouse Nightbox, give me some time, my runner is on his way

Ok. So no one's answering
Well can't you just leave the pleading outside the judge's door oh oh ooohhhhh
I'll just sit tight through shadows of the night
And hope the runner makes it there ok ooohhhhh yeah yeah yeah

Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang

When I look up at the clock, the time I have ain't gonna be enough
And I wonder why the little typos and formatting problems are such a pain

Oh oh Courthouse Nightbox, give me some time, I just need 20 minutes more
Oh oh Courthouse Nightbox, give me some time, I just need 20 minutes more
Oh oh Courthouse Nightbox, give me some time, I just need 20 minutes more
Oh oh Courthouse Nightbox, give me some time, I just need 20 minutes more

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến