Thứ Hai, 10 tháng 9, 2012

Here's That Humdrum Judge Scola Order No One Is Talking About!


I don't get lawyers sometimes -- if I received an unprecedented, groundbreaking, one-of-a-kind order from a federal judge, the last thing I would do is tell everyone how unprecedented, groundbreaking, and one-of-a-kind it is.

Because last I checked, aren't there still appellate courts?

But not everybody thinks like me (and that's probably a good thing):
In a landmark decision, a Miami federal judge ruled Friday that a class action brought by investors can proceed against the Securities and Exchange Commission in one-time billionaire R. Allen Stanford's investment scheme.

Plaintiffs attorneys called the ruling by U.S. District Judge Robert N. Scola Jr. rejecting the SEC's motion to dismiss "historic."
"Historic"?

Come on, Brown v. Board of Education is "historic," landing on the moon is "historic," Bo Derek running on the beach in a gold suit is -- well, you get my drift.

And if asked I would simply state that the Order was well-reasoned and a solid application of longstanding federal law, policy, and jurisprudence.

But what do I know -- I've never received an "historic" order before.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến