Thứ Năm, 16 tháng 8, 2012

I'm Going to Graceland....



Yes, today marks the anniversary of Elvis' death and what better to mourn than with a free CLE on Elvis and the law:
Legal Aid of East Tennessee will be offering a free continuing legal education course on Tuesday on Elvis Law. The state and federal cases dealing with the late king of rock 'n' roll.
It will be held in a courtroom at the McMinn County Courthouse in Chattanooga, where a 10-foot cutout of the legendary entertainer will reportedly greet attendees, according to a press release.

It turns out there's actually quite a bit of interesting law related to Presley, the Associated Press reports.

"Elvis was fascinating," said Russell Fowler, the associate director of LAET. "He was not liitigious, never sued anybody. He'd fire someone and then give them $50,000 to be nice. But when he died, litigation sprang from everywhere."
Of course there are those who claim Elvii never really died and is hanging somewhere with Jim Morrison and Bruce Lee, as The Probate Lawyer Blog summarizes in some detail here.

Me, I'm remembering the King in the usual manner, by dying my hair jet black, adorning huge pork chops, and requiring my staff to help apply a new-fangled miracle substance ("GOOP") to my beat-up old speed boat so I can finally defeat Bill Bixby and win the Orange Bowl Regatta.

(I assume I'm not alone on this.)



Scene starts at 11:27 in!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến