Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 5, 2012

If Your Secretary Becomes Indispensable, Fire Her!

 
That's the sage wisdom offered by Englewood(?) attorney Charles Diez, Jr. in the latest edition of the beloved Florida Bar News:
When I joined the firm, he said, “Son, I’m going to give you some good advice.” That advice has stuck with me all these years, and I quote, “Never lie to another lawyer; never even think of lying to a judge; and never have a secretary you can’t fire.”
Ok, the first two I definitely agree with, but Charlie, on the last one -- does your secretary know this?

I'd offer a few more:
"Son, never follow your father into a restroom; when on a plane always sit to the left of Ervin Gonzalez (long story); and never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."
(Alright, that last one was Winston Churchill -- I modified it to conform to our local discovery practice).

In fact, here's what I believe:


Anyone have any others?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến