Thứ Sáu, 6 tháng 4, 2012

Stay Away, Joe: Klock Inevitably Invokes "Peace Pipe" in Tribal Motion to Disqualify!


How is The Intrepid One™ able to elicit such delicious quotes?

(Maybe you need to interview the right people.)

Continuing her blockbuster reporting on the growing Miccosukees vs. All Their Former Lawyers mess, Julie managed to ask Joe about a motion to disqualify his law firm RKRPEVN, (aka the spy agency from Get Smart?) which is representing longtime former tribe attorney Dexter Lehtinen.

The motion was filed by current tribe attorney Bernie Roman:
"The idea that I represent other people that are adverse to the Indians so I can't represent Dexter is ludicrous," Klock said. He said adding that Roman, the tribe's Miami attorney, "has been smoking something. He must be passing around the peace pipe. It's hard to take this motion seriously."
I'm glad Joe stopped there.

In fact, it's taking every fiber in my being to not run with this and throw in every impermissible historic pop cultural Indian reference and/or caricature lurking in my subconscious and just set off on a wildly inappropriate yet epic riff.

But it's a holiday so I'll just note that I'm with Joe on the merits here -- the motion makes no sense, Ke-mo sa.... shoot!

The motion makes no sense.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến