Thứ Ba, 8 tháng 3, 2011

Now There Are Two Vacancies on the 11th Circuit As Well.



As David noted yesterday, it's been 741 (now 742) days since Judge Hurley took senior status and Kathleen Williams is still waiting to be confirmed as a federal judge.

Now I see that Judge Susan Black of the Eleventh Circuit announced that she would be stepping down from the bench, creating a second vacancy in addition to Judge Birch (who stepped down last August).

The nomination and confirmation process continues to be bogged down or dysfunctional, respectively, but at least there is a possible candidate to replace Judge Birch -- Mercer University Law Professor and former Dean Daisy Floyd:
The White House has begun vetting Daisy Floyd, who served as dean of Mercer University's law school in Macon from 2004 to 2010, as a possible nominee to take Birch's seat, according to lawyers familiar with the  nominating process. Floyd, who did not return phone calls seeking comment, continues to teach at Mercer as a law professor. A White House spokeswoman on Monday declined to comment.
So we can expect her nomination in 2013 and her confirmation possibly a few years after that.

Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting
I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting
I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting
I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting, (Thank you) I'm still waiting, I'm still waiting

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến