Thứ Hai, 15 tháng 9, 2008

From "Saved By the Bell" to Supreme Court Law Clerk


Ok, I'll admit, I'm not a big reader of People magazine. But I happened to be reading this week's edition, which featured something about lipsticks and pigs, when I came across a story about Carlos Lidsky's son and how he just got a job clerking for the United States Supreme Court. This is the same kid who was on "Saved By the Bell." Wow! Beat that, Judge Jordan:

In 1993 he was cast in a television sitcom, Saved by the Bell: The New Class, which took him to Los Angeles for a couple of years. Lidsky says he feels "blessed" to have had the experience, which he notes is "not the average experience for a 13, 14 year-old kid."

And he enjoyed the work, acting and putting the show together, which was filmed in front of a live studio audience. It was great preparation for law, especially trial law. And Lidsky always knew he wanted to be a lawyer, just like his dad.

"As I was growing up, as a kid, I used to go to work with him, go to his office, go to court and learn about the law," Lidsky recalls. "Growing up with a role model like my father, it was crystal clear to me that I wanted to go to law school and wanted to learn to think like he did."

After graduating from Harvard Law School, Lidsky served as a clerk for a federal circuit court judge for one year.

His upcoming clerkship in the U.S. Supreme Court is something he has thought about for a long time, thanks to his father. "He explained to me that folks who are relatively fresh out of law school can go and contribute to this institution and clerk for the court. And I was hooked. I knew it was something I wanted to do."
How about that -- for once I'm (almost) snarkless. Congrats Isaac.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến